Supposedly my friend said she is one American Idol tonight. I started watching at about 9.37 if anyone tapes it please let me know. Supposedly she was dancing along to the music. Soooo pissed i watched a rerun of lost to begin with!! She was on some televised thingie. I don't think she was in the audience. Please tell me someone caught this!!
So Drive the new show with NAthan Fillion may be getting the ax...i am sad.
I just want to say that I am sorry for not updating but my life has been hectic. I have been so busy text coaching Henry V and we are in tech week now and we open on Friday but we have an audience on Thursday. I can't wait until I am done and I can have a life again. Today my heart also wants to go out to the families of the college students that were killed today in the shooting at Virginia Tech. It disgusts me that someone could kill 31 people so ruthlessly. I am ashamed at people in this world and what is so scary is that it can happen anywhere. So everyone please be safe...
Sorry that the subject is so intense but i felt it was fitting. Someone very close to my heart. Someone who graduated college just a year ago is fighting the biggest battle of his life. I posted an earlier entry about his health and now it has taken an even bigger turn for the worse. I have been told that he probably won't make it through the week and that they funeral may happen here in Orlando on campus. All of us love him so much and I know I have prayed for him to stay alive and to fight. Henry V is going on at the moment and I dont know what all of his close friends are going to do. It will be devastating. How will we carry on? I know I can handle death...it will be hard, but I can do it. After all i dealt wih my mom having 2 brain surgeries when i was 12. But there are a few of my friends where this news would just kill them...i dont know if they could continue with their life or with the show. Its kind of like the power of the human condition. How much can we take before we crack? If he dies I may go to counsling but i'm not that type of person...i would much rather talk it out with a friend. I hate how I try to cover up what i feel but thats what I have learned to do. So i tell all of you....please pray or do whatever you do. Patrick is an amazing guy he needs our support even from people who dont know him. I'll keep posted.
Update: Patrick Clark passed away this afternoon from cancer. He will be missed.
Post to Journal Home
View my Friends Page miss_mirren is your mutual friend
"To be somebody, you must last." -Ruth Gordon
March 28th, 2007 (06:32 pm)
current location: Ma masison
current song: TV in the background...dumb, new reality show.
All the cool kids are doing this, so fill this one out for me. :)
I want to know more about my darling, fabulous LJ friends!
TELL ME ABOUT YOU
3. Place of residence:
4. What makes you happy:
5. What are you listening to now/have listened to last:
6. Do you read my LJ?:
7. If you do, what is particularly good/bad about it:
8. An interesting fact about you:
9. Are you in love/have a crush at the moment:
10. Favorite place to be:
11. Favorite lyric:
12. Best time of the year:
13. Weirdest food you like:
14. Do farts make you laugh:
1. A film:
2. A book:
3. A band, a song and an album:
1. One thing you like about me:
2. Two things you like about yourself:
3. Put this in your LJ so i can tell you what i think of you:
4. Post a picture of yourself:
Posted by: Courtney (if_ifell)
Posted at: March 9th, 2007 01:22 pm (local)
1. Can you cook? Yeah I guess, enough to get by..we'll find out next year when i have to live without a meal plan!
2. What was your dream growing up? To be an actress: I am working on that now my majoring in it college and then i will either go to grad school or work in a theatre and build up my resume..but i was already in a movie so does that count??
3. What talent do you wish you had? Be able to play the guitar or violin and be a better piano player.
4. Favorite place? NYC, London, Paris
5. Favorite vegetable? broccali (sic), asparagus, snow peas...i like all vegetables really
6. What was the last book you read? The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
7. What zodiac sign are u ? Leo!!
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? I had the usual in the ear but then they closed up so now...but i may get a tatto but i am too indecisive right now to pick one
9. Worst Habit? I'm very hard on myself and I can be a really big bitch.
10. Do we know each other outside of lj? Not really but we are friends on myspace.
11. What is your favorite sport? Dancing, tennus, horseback riding.
12. Negative or Optimistic attitude? Um sometimes i can be really negative but i am really trying to make the effort to be optimistic
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? I would probably talk about theatre and acting and probably Helen.
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? My mom had brain surgery when i was 12 and then my aunt got breast cancer recently and now by first boyfriend in college is battling cancer...needless to say it has been pretty crappy
15. Tell me one weird fact about you: Um I am double jointed and I performed in the Edinurgh Fringe Festival when i was 14!
16. Do u have any pets? YES!! I have a westie named Winston Denison Finch...named after the character in Out of Africa my moms fav movie
17. Do u know how to do the macerana? Sure do!
18. What time is it where u are now? 3:57 pm
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Yeah...go to Halloween Horror nights in Orlando, Fl and then they are really scary!!
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? Um i want to be little skinnier even tough i am a size 2...i know its crazy but i'm an actor so its weird.
21. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? I would be your conscience unless its something really fun and then i could probably be your partner in crime
22. What color eyes do you have? Green
23. Ever been arrested? Almost for underage drinking but luckily no
24. Bottle or Draft? I love beer but prefer wine but if i had to choose i would say either it depends on the beer.
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it? I would take my mom on a trip to Europe, I would go shopping and buy lots of stuff and then I would save the rest or help my mom out.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? Sugar-free Orbit Bubblemint Whitening (I like this one too!)
27. What's your favorite bar to hang at? I don't have time to really go out clubbing or to a bar and plus i'm not 21 yet but i do go to I-bar sometimes or Fusion to go clubbing but lately that's a rarity.
28. Do you believe in ghosts? I don't know yet.
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Go online and look at stuff Helen has done, watch television, or dance...hell relax is the big thing now!
30. Do you swear a lot? Fuck yeah!
31. Biggest pet peeve? Peoplpe who are rude, self absorbed, arrogant, people who don't know how to hold a fork and knife right..drives me crazy.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Hmmmm...talented!
33. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? I'm posting this, so yes....
Ok so i am officially on spring break...sort of because i have to go to rehearsal tonight but i go home tomorrow. I went to the passport place and sent it in so i can get it before i go to Bavaria this summer!! I am also getting the Helen Mirren haircut over the break is well...i'll have pics when i get back hopefully if i can learn how to post a picture...lol.
I read a blog on myspace about how someone very close to me's health is getting worse. He is dealing with cancer and the fact that someone who is such a great person is so sick makes me want to fall apart. Supposedly he is on lifesupport because one of his lungs does not work and he cannot breath on his own...he is also unconscious and he is starting more chemo which can cause his liver to fail. I just hate this. He was the first guy i dated in college and the fact that he's so sick just hurts. I want to ball my eyes out but i can't. It just sucks because my aunt also had breast cancer and i just think...shit...why, God, why. I mean when I was 12 my mom had brain surgery for crying out loud. If he gets worse I don't know what i'll do. I know i shouldnt be writing this because i could just make things worse and maybe i could get my facts wrong but i need to blog and i have only one friend on here who goes to the same school i do. I wish i had the money to watch a Helen movie...maybe that would make me feel better...but no i dont own one because i am too broke to buy one off of amazon. SHIT. Anyway I'm done ranting and if someone actually reads this and comments I will be shocked. So if you do read this...say a prayer for him or anyone that is battling cancer. Please...
So for all those that do not know me I am an actor. I heard about this opportunity to be an extra in a movie that was being filmed at my college which is Rollins College and I also live in Orlando. I thought why not skip class and be in a movie and make money and gain experience. So this movie is called Sydney White and it stars Amanda Bynes and Matt Long and other people like Samm Levine and Danny Strong. My day started out early...6 am and we began filming a classroom scene at around 7:45. This lasted until around 1-1:30. Filming two different scenes. In the first scene i was right behind the girl from Aquamarine who is Sara Paxton adn i was in the same row as Amanda. So i know i will at least be in some sort of shot in that scene. Then another scene was shot and i was moved around and hopefully i will be in that classroom scene as well. After that we shot scenes outside and I got picked to walk in front of the camera...i am wearing a rasberry colored long sleeve shirt, btw! ;) Anyway i do this and then the 1st AD takes down my number and i hope this means i could possibley be credited because that could be awesome. Anyway after about like 8 or 9 takes i move on to this other scene where i am walking in the background and then I get the chance to walk in front of the camera again, this time in a greenish polo and brown juicy jacket. So i am doing this for about two takes or so and then the AD and i guess the camera guy start pointing at me and my brown jacket, and i'm like "Do you want me to take it off?" and there like, "No, keep it on and come over here to be in te background of this shot. So here I am thinking hell yeah I am getting a lot of screen time as an extra. I sat on bench that was around a tree with this guy who was supposed to be my boyfriend and we are looking at a book and laughing, like lovers do....lol. So Amanda and Matt Long are in this scene. Hopefully I will be able to see myself. I got paid a decent amount but this wasn't about the money. It was about the experience and the chance for me to be in a movie and to put this on my resume. Being an extra isn't easy...it was a long day 11 and a half hours of standing and walking. They will be back to film again in spring break but in the time being they are filming at another campus called UCF. I don't think i can reveal much more but I did get to meet and take a picture with Amanda Bynes and if possible I will try to upload it...she looks good...me, not so much...i think my eyes are partially closed! Anyway I got to meet the guy from Not Another Teen Movie...the asian kid and I sort of talked to the other guys just briefly. So that's my experience making my first movie...hit me up if you want more details!!!
I got the Assistant Director position for Henry V. This means i am selling my soul for the next 8 weeks but i am soooo happy to be part of this show i am going to learn so much as an actor...even though i am not acting in the show! I want to learn stuff behind the scenes and i feel like this is such a great opportunity. This director is amazing. He is phenominal and he is going to push me really hard but i know it will be worth it in the end. I guess i am gonna have to stock up on gummy bears from now on. On another note, all of these Helen pictures i have been viewing are beautiful. The Vanity Fair issue is great adn i have been searching every where for the AARP mag and i made my mom ask people at her work. She thinks i am weird. Most of my friends are like Helen who? The Oscars are going to be crazy for me because i am going to be freaking out and she better win or else i am going into a deep state of depression. I also love how Dame Judi bet money that our lovely Helen would win!